While LadyCeres already said welcome, I wanted to expand a bit more on what you’d be able to expect from this blog and what we’re currently up to and who you can expect to hear from.
- Screenshots! Any time we get something amazing working and want to show off, you can bet you’ll see it here first!
- Status updates. We’ll keep you informed of where we are with regards to making progress on the various things we’re working on.
- Technical overviews. If you’re wondering what technology we’re using to store all of the Eleventy bits or what exactly is driving that piggy cubimal to run a lousy 2 planks, we’ll give you a peak into how we’re doing those things.
- QA work. We’re currently organizing our QA efforts to ensure all of the Glitchy bits translate well over to Eleventy ones. It’s actualy a very large and involved effort, which you’ll be able to learn more about as they make progress.
- Help wanted! Every time we need someone with a specific skill to volunteer a bit of time to our effort or we need some extra people to test this or that, we’ll let everyone know here, so stalk the RSS feeds if you want to help out (you know you do).
- Other Glitchy projects. If you’re wondering what else there is out there being built on the legacy of Glitch, we’ll be glad to point you in the right direction. Over on the Other Projects page, we’ve already linked to a few of them. If you’re aware of any more that we’ve missed, let us know and we’ll be glad to add it.
- And tons more!
Now for the blogging team!
- KaiyonAlatar: That’s me! I’m working hard to keep this whole project organized and guide the directions we’re taking and jumping in on the coding where I’m able.
- LadyCeres: QA lead on the team. She put together this first iteration of our website and has lead the effort to put everything back where it belongs in our beloved world of Ur while the techies get those things working properly.
- Aroha: One of the resident techies you’ll hear from. He’s shoulder deep in the code building up the missing pieces.
- Sirentist: Holder of tons of Glitchy knowledge. She’s bringing her vast stores of data to help rebuild Ur.
- Scheijan: Another of our amazing techies. While he’s also got his hands in the code, he’s been building tools to help make the Glitch to Eleven transition easier.
To see the rest of the team, along with their ‘role’, head on over to the Team page. It’s still a work in progress, so not everyone is currently represented, but we’ll try to keep up to date as much as possible.
And last, but definitely not least, I just want to give a quick shout out to Tiny Speck. Without the amazing game that they built and decided to give the majority of its building blocks out for free, their brilliant new team collaboration tool Slack and some helpful guidance, we wouldn’t have made nearly as much progress as we have so far. Thank you!